Sunday, September 21, 2008

"The American Life" of "Fresh Air" and "Books"



This past week I spent a lot of time by myself. In the mornings I worked in the back with the vegetables but in the afternoons I would come back to paint. Margaret thought their basement was looking a little dark and needed an up-lift. As you can see in the photos the difference from what it use to be to now is quite different. She also was a very busy woman this week and thought that it would be something relatively easy for me to do while she was out and about. During my paints hours I discovered Podcasts. Now don't think that it was a new concept for me. I had listened to some before and heard of them. But I guess I never really listened to them. I was getting tired of just listening to music and also wanted a way to hear more about what is happening back home. I downloaded the podcasts called "The American Life", "Fresh Air" and "Books." Each one is different but similarly great. I hear stories from people's lives, news about Obama and policies, and readings of selected short stories. To be honest, if I were in American I am pretty sure I would not listen to them. But being here in Switzerland the opportunity arose and I thought I would try them. I feel much more connected to the world on a larger basis. Instead of hearing news from one station I am able to hear news from around the world and what others think. I also enjoy the stories I hear, often brining back memories of my life. All in all the week was good. I am looking forward to what I will be hearing in this next week as I am going to be painting the hallways. 

1 comment:

Bethany Miller said...

have you listened to the relevant podcast? you should. its humorous.
i should be getting my computer this week and then we can SKYYYYYYYYPE!
love you....miss you.....love you again.